Monday, December 13, 2010

When does winter start?

It's been a tough 3 weeks here in the mountains of Tennessee if you like to ride your bicycle. One of my last eighteen workouts involved venturing outside because of travel, weather, and life. I'm actually getting back into the groove of indoor sessions. I'm doing a lot of sweet spot work right now which I really enjoy. I managed a 1 X 75 at 83% of FTP on Sunday night and 45 minutes over 90 % tonight. I actually managed the last 15 slightly over FTP so it is probably time to move that up a little. I bought a new fan this summer in preperation for the winter sessions.



It is a 24 inch drum fan made by Airfoxx. The nice thing is the volume of air that this thing pushes over you, but the downside is the noise. Watching TV is challenging with the fan on and basically allows you to only use it as something to look at. It is tough to understand what is going on early in the morning with CNBC with no sound. Finally, I have to once again extol the virtues of the Inside Ride rollers. If you are not familiar with them they are regular rollers (with resistance) that sit inside of a frame allowing for forward and backward movement. It allows out of the saddle riding, no-hands riding, and my favorite part, training on the TT bike. You can check them out at www.insideride.com . That is pretty much it for now. I have several cool products that I need to write up reviews for. Some good, some not so good. Until next time.

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment