Monday, August 31, 2009

What now?

I finished my last TT of the year on Thursday night. There is a TT series in Asheville that runs from April through August. I did three of those events plus also raced the course during the French Broad. I really like the course, but we got a little weather this time and I lost my SRM 1k into the ride. I have never tried to TT on perceived exertion before and missed my PR on the course by 20 seconds and managed to win against a very small field. I ended up drawing number 666 for the race so I had to run it upside down. Despite the number I felt really good and think that if my SRM had been online I could have gone a good 30-40 seconds faster as I had a lot left in the tank.

I’m on the backside of my peak for the year and still feel really strong, but have nothing to race or train for. It is too early to hit transition as I think I started base too soon last year. So I am training, but the motivation is not there. I’m throwing some nice numbers, but what does that really mean? A few more weeks of training and then some season ending testing and I guess transition will start sometime in October. Back to the tunnel in the middle part of the month to see if we can make me something less than a parachute to the wind and then base and winter. It has been a good year.  4 wins, 5 2nd’s and 1 3rd on the TT bike out of 10 CAT 4 races. No results in mass start races other than a bunch of pack finishes. Maybe I should work on my sprint this winter?

001

No comments:

Post a Comment